Free Turkey & Fixings
Visit our donation page to make a donation to this annual community effort. Please be sure to check the box “I would like to designate this donation to a specific fund” and select “Thanksgiving Angels” from the dropdown menu. Thank you!
November 25 & 26, 2019 will mark the eighth annual “Thanksgiving Angels” community days of sharing in Pittsfield. Sponsored by a collaboration of 19 food pantries, organizations, and faith communities, Thanksgiving Angels addresses local food insufficiency by providing more than 1,450 families with uncooked turkeys and the fixings to celebrate a traditional Thanksgiving meal in their own homes. Last year, more than 350 volunteers assisted with the distributions. The non-profit manager and distribution site is South Church, 110 South Street, Pittsfield, MA, 01201.
Sign-up and pick-up dates for families are listed below.
The Berkshire Thanksgiving Baking Angels (Facebook group) is a group of community volunteers who bake sweet holiday breads for distribution on the Monday before Thanksgiving through the ThanksgIving Angels food project at South Congregational Church. Started by Lisa Fletcher-Udel in 2015, we aim to bake 1,200–1,500 breads for distribution — banana, zucchini and pumpkin.
The Berkshire Eagle and others have published articles and videos about this annual distribution of food and love:
- Thanksgiving Angels on The John Krol Show (video, 2018)
- VIDEO: Rev. Joel Huntington, pastor of South Congregational Church talks about Thanksgiving Angels food distribution (2015)
Letter: Thanksgiving Angels offer their thanks (Jim Armstrong, 2016)
- Hundreds brave the cold for Thanksgiving Angels program (2015)
2019 Sign-up & Pick-up
1 — Sign up to reserve your uncooked turkey and fixings at South Congregational Church, 110 South St., Pittsfield during the following times:
- Monday, October 28 from 9–11am
- Tuesday, October 29 from 3–5pm
- Wednesday, October 30 from 1–3pm
- Thursday, October 31 from 3–5pm
- Friday, November 1 from 9–11am
- Monday, November 4 from 9–11am
- Tuesday, November 5 from 3–5pm
- Wednesday, November 6 from 1–3pm
- Thursday, November 7 from 3–5pm
- Friday, November 8 from 9–11am
2 — Pick up your turkey & fixings:
- Monday, November 25 from 12–6pm
Please bring a large, sturdy bag, if you have one.
Special Needs Pick-Up Only:
Tuesday, November 26, 9:30am–1pm
Christian Center, Congregation Knesset Israel, First Baptist Church, First Church of Christ in Pittsfield, First United Methodist Church, Giving Garden of Pittsfield, Church of Christ, Sacred Heart Catholic Church, The Salvation Army, Sisters of St. Joseph, Soldier On, South Congregational Church UCC, St. Charles Catholic Church, St. George Greek Orthodox Church, St. Joseph’s Catholic Church, St. Mark’s Catholic Church, St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church, Second Congregational Church UCC, Temple Anshe Amunim, Zion Lutheran Church