Free Turkey & Fixings
Visit our donation page to make a donation to this annual community effort. Please be sure to check the box “I would like to designate this donation to a specific fund” and select “Thanksgiving Angels” from the dropdown menu. Thank you!
Volunteers from 16 local area food pantries along with many Pittsfield area churches, synagogues and organizations have joined together to form the Thanksgiving Angels. The goal of this group is to provide free turkeys and “fixings” to help our community members be able to prepare a meal to feed their families during the Thanksgiving holiday. The Thanksgiving Angels provide turkeys and all the trimmings to over 1,400 local families each year. Sign-up and pick-up dates for families are listed below.
The Berkshire Thanksgiving Baking Angels (Facebook group) is a group of community volunteers who bake sweet breads for distribution. Started by Lisa Fletcher-Udel in 2015, they aim to bake 1,200–1,500 breads each year.
The Berkshire Eagle and others have published articles and videos about this annual distribution of food and love:
- Thanksgiving Angels on The John Krol Show (video, 2018)
- VIDEO: Rev. Joel Huntington, pastor of South Congregational Church talks about Thanksgiving Angels food distribution (2015)
Letter: Thanksgiving Angels offer their thanks (Jim Armstrong, 2016)
- Hundreds brave the cold for Thanksgiving Angels program (2015)
2018 Sign-up & Pick-up
1 — Sign up to reserve your turkey at South Congregational Church, 110 South St., Pittsfield during the following times:
- Monday, Oct. 22, 9–11 a.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 23, 3–5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 24, 1–3 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 25, 3–5 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 26, 9–11 a.m.
- Monday, Oct. 29, 9–11 a.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 30, 3–5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 31, 1–3 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 1, 3–5 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 2, 9–11 a.m.
2 — Pick up your turkey & fixings:
- Monday, Nov. 19 from 12–6pm