Children & Youth Ministry
10:00am–11:00am every Sunday
Our children and youth ministry focuses on building strength and character in our young people — meeting important needs for personal and spiritual growth through art, music, fellowship, mission and community involvement.
Our goal is to help children and youth develop their own sense of God’s love as well as social and coping skills to deal effectively with peer pressure and life conflicts; to teach kindness and caring for each other and our world through spiritual growth in a safe, welcoming and nurturing environment.
Our approach to Christian Education is flexible, as we are very much aware of busy family schedules. The curriculum we use is the Whole People of God. There are two very positive things about this particular lesson plan:
- Although these lessons and activities build on each other weekly, they can be structured in a way that students will still feel comfortable even if a class is missed.
- The curriculum follows the same scripture lessons that Pastor Joel follows each week. A parent or guardian who attends worship will be hearing and learning the same scripture readings as the children. This allows for a consistency of spiritual learning and reflection for the whole family.
Join us as we learn and grow together! Everyone is welcome anytime.
Feel free to contact Ann Roche at South Church (413-442-7357) with any questions.
As our young adults graduate from Sunday School they begin to participate more fully in the life of the church. Youth help set up and run our annual Halloween fun house, help at our weekly St. Joe’s Ecumenical Supper, and participate in many other activities, specifically:
- Assist in Sunday worship
- Confirmation class
- Social and service programs monthly
- Annual mission trip in June
Berkshire Servant Leadership
- South Congregational Church, Thursdays, 6:30 – 8pm
- St. Steven’s Episcopal Church, Tuesdays, 6:30 – 8pm