Where wonderful music meets community needs & lifts our souls.
On the third Friday of each month, the Bread & Roses Coffee House at South Congregational Church offers a cozy venue to hear talented musicians while raising funds for local causes and organizations.
Performances are typically held in the church parlor (and sometimes in Barrett Hall for larger events). Performers have included Linda Worster, David Grover, Bobby Sweet, Mollie Glazer, Mark Kelso, License to Groove and many others.
The Coffee House is an arm of South Church’s Mission Board. Take a look at co-founder Pat Politis’ interview on the Pittsfield Community Television (PCTV) show The Lions’ Den from September 2016! Another PCTV show, Music For Your Soul, has recorded Bread & Roses performances by David Grover & Linda Worster and Bobby Sweet (thank you!).
Entrance to these live performances is by donation, and the money raised benefits a chosen cause. Coffee is served (of course!) and pastries are available for purchase. Performances are held on the third Friday of each month. See upcoming performances below.
- Friday, September 15 — David Roth
Fundraiser for the Elizabeth Freeman House
- Friday, July 21 — David Grover & Linda Worster
Fundraiser for the South Church Food Pantry
- Friday, April 21 — Mark Kelso
Fundraiser for the Housatonic River Initiative
- Friday, March 17 — Sober St. Patrick’s Day Celebration with License to Groove!
Fundraiser for the Community Food Pantry
- Friday, February 17 — David Grover & Linda Worster
Fundraiser for Redfield House
- Friday, January 20 — Bobby Sweet
Fundraiser for Fuel Assistance Fund of Pittsfield Area Council of Congregations
The Bread & Roses Coffee House began around 2014 through the efforts of church members (Pat & Galen Politis), and local performers Linda Worster and David Grover and their rich, musical contacts in this area and beyond.
Money raised at each performance benefits a chosen cause. Past recipients of Bread & Roses Coffee House donations have included:
- Berkshire County Kids’ Place
- Council of Congregations Emergency Fuel Fund
- Elizabeth Freeman Center (Pittsfield)
- Our Friend’s House Shelter (Pittsfield)
- The Giving Garden (Pittsfield)
- George B. Crane Memorial Center (Pittsfield)
- The Community Food Pantry (and the Children’s Book Corner of the Pantry) at our own South Church
- The Thanksgiving Angels
- The Housatonic River Initiative
- And many others!